A resource page for Cyber Security links.
Cyber security has become a major consideration, with the potential to not only disrupt under-prepared businesses but equally importantly, impact on consumer decisions about the suppliers with whom they interact.
The Federal Government is tackling the issue head-on and so should we.
Individual businesses will determine the necessary & appropriate steps to take to protect against cyber fraud & we encourage you to seek appropriate advice relevant to your business. Rudimentary considerations important in managing cyber security threats can include:
- Empowering a team member(s) with responsibility for cyber security
- Considering what information is necessary to collect
- Where possible, implementing dual authentication processes
- Operating an offline back-up system
- Restricting access for external third party USB’s / drives
- Regularly updating on risks
- Cancelling access for departing employees.
Needless to say, it is important for DSSN businesses large & small to not only protect their data & transactions but also the business against reputational damage.
Below are some useful links.